Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rosebud haiku

I was not a kid raised by rich parents. My late daddy was an elementary school teacher, he passed away January 10 last year. My mom, she's about 80 now, was a petty food seller in a small hut by the street. She retired when I was 16.

We live in a house crowded with sisters and brothers. We fought over many things, but we always made a good team when we were facing problems. Fixing leaks on the roof, irrigating our paddy field, catching fishes, and planting daisies were always a team work. All those things inspired me to write these haikus. A dedication, to my parents, brothers-sisters and childhood memories;

(1)
mona lisa's glimpse--
a rosebud unfolds
after the rain

(2)
a crack on the ceiling,
the rain drops into the beat
of the wall clock

Pakem, July 9, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment