Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chandra Prijosusilo, a devotional haiku
















I have many friends. Some of them are old friends from my boyhood, colleagues, schoolmates and the rest are the ones who meet me in rare occasions. I would mention Chandra Prijosusilo if I were to name one that falls under the last category.

Chandra graduated from Faculty of Psychology, Gadjah Mada University. She started her study in GMU in 1987, the year when I did the same in Faculty of Economics. We shared the same building for the first two years. However, I can't recall whether I ever met her at the time being. But, after years, I met her in Puncak during the training on journalism for NGOs, supported by Transparency International-Indonesia Chapter. It was April 2008.

I didn't expect to contact her after the training. We didn't trade contact address, phone number or email coordinate. But, I was lucky since I found her on Facebook and she accepted my friend request.

Since we're connected, we share pictures and notes. Sometimes, I drop some lines on her comment box and vice versa. As I am into poem, and recently in love with haiku, I tag her on my notes on Facebook. She usually put her comment in haiku form or other poetry. And, you know what, I found it's so fun and challenging when we tried to do the conversation in poetical ways. I write haiku, and she will add hers in my comment box.

Today, she commented in haiku-form on my Facebook note (see the post right before this one). And the following are my response to hers.

(1)
love song
resonates in my heart
growls in my belly

(2)
sunset at the beach
glittering water below the horizon
running in my throat

(3)
a matter of light
sincere camaraderie
me and my shadow

(4)
eternal wheel of life
a merry-go-round
and running squirrel


Geuceu, Bandar Raya, May 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment