Friday, June 5, 2009

Stonewall haiga

History will teach us nothing. That's not my words. If you were into Sting's music, you'd know him saying that in his song. But, knock it off. I am not talking about music but history, the past that shapes our today and future. Many believe that what we know today in history depends on who wrote them. It implies the mechanics of power in determining who was right and wrong, who was the winner and the loser, the hero and the culprit, the saint and the sinner, who were and were not there in history. You may disagree over it. But sometimes, history hides the truth, as the truth --like beauty-- lies in the eye of the beholder.

I wrote the haiku on the image that makes it haiga by drawing some lines of ideas from the discourse. I am indebted to my friend Ika Rahutami for her photograph.


Bandar Raya, June 5, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment